Why Medium lost half of its Visibility??
Why Medium Lost Half of its Visibility
Medium is a trusted user-generated content publisher. It even employs an engagement-based model to pay its contributors through paywalled articles. On paper, it’s an ideal platform for aspiring and professional writers alike. However, according to Searchmetrics and Sistrix, Medium’s top level domain recently saw a 40% drop in organic visibility in desktop and 50% in mobile.
So what happened? Did you say CLOAKING!!!
. via Onely.com
Oscars, Impeachment, Epstein, Iran and more
Trending topics don't stop, neither should your tracking platform. With NewzDash you are able to track rankings in Google SERPs near real-time and capture insights that enable you to boost your visiblity in Search.
Based on the latest analysis we did on 1/6, thehill.com leads the Top Stories in Google SERPs, followed by FOXnews.com, Politico.com and NYTimes.com. When is comes to Top Web Results it is WashingtonPost.com, CNN.com, YouTube.com and then FOXnews.com.
Funny enough the Top question Google display is "Why was Clinton impeached? in the People Also Ask/Search For.
- Machine Learning for SEO: Solving Practical Problems with AI - source
- Google January 2020 Core Update Is Live & It's Big - source
- How to Scale Organic Traffic (Without Writing a Million Blog Posts) - source
Tweets In Google Featured Snippets & People Also Ask
Shay Harel, the founder of RankRanger, spotted Google showing a tweet, yes, a post from Twitter, in the Google featured snippet section and people also ask section. Here is his screen shots via Mordy on Twitter. source
You can track twitter appearances in Google Web Results using NewzDash.com Screenshot below for top twitter accounts in Google SERPs for CONOR MCGREGOR
Google desktop favicon search results study
In 2019, Google introduced a new format in mobile search results which included a small “favicon” icon from the website, to the left of the snippet. This week, Google announced that a similar format was being launched in desktop results. Source: SEJ
Chrome 80 Will Block Push Notification
Google’s Chrome version 80 will begin blocking website push notifications. While Chrome will allow users to opt-in to the push blocking, some sites will be automatically enrolled into the blocking feature. Publishers and developers are urged to read Google’s best practices to avoid having their push notifications blocked.
Pinterest Pulled all Medical Information from the platform
Pinterest is much smaller than its tech giant competitors Instagram, Amazon, and Google. But the visual discovery platform has established a quietly radical approach to search: deliberately engineering results to avoid harm, and holding itself accountable for unintended consequences. Source: Vox
Other Interesting News
- European News Lose Google Snippets Per French Law - source
- The Search Console Training video series is rolling out - source
- Hate The New Google Favicon SERPs? Here’s How To Disable Them - source
- Top FBI official who leaked secrets spent thousands to boost online reputation before name revealed - Source
- Google is killing digital magazines print PDFs in Google News - Source
- Google News tests dark theme for articles and upvote/downvote buttons in the feed - Source